- Without looking at your 403(b)/401(k) account, do you know how much you are currently contributing?
- Do you know how much you have to contribute to these plans to receive an employer match?
- Do you know the difference between a Cash Balance Plan and your 403(b)/401(k) Plan?
- Is saving for your retirement a high priority?
- Do you have any kind of plan for the future?
If you answered no to 3 or more of the above questions you should start paying more attention to your financial health. Step one to a healthier retirement: Start off by checking exactly what you are contributing to your 403(b) or 401(k) saving plan before the March 28 blackout begins. If you are still contributing under 6% you are not taking advantage of North Shore-LIJ's generous employer match. Once you hit 6% the health system kicks in 2%. Visit mlr.metlife.com or call 855-675-4547 to adjust your contributions today for a healthier tomorrow.
Transamerica Can Help
Retirement planning can be an overwhelming experience if you have no advice or direction. Over the next several months, take advantage of the educational tools and services that our new administrator, Transamerica, will offer. Onsite representative will be present beginning mid April to talk you through your concerns. Online investment tools will assist you once your account is active the week of April 20.
Keep checking your email for more information about the conversion to Transamerica.